If you want to fully immerse yourself in your PC games, you definitely want to try a virtual reality headset. Right now, we want to help you find the best VR headset for PC gaming on the market at this time.
Best VR Headsets for PC Gaming: Reviews
Oculus Rift S PC-Powered VR Gaming Headset
- Top VR gaming library: Blast, slash and soar your way through the top library in VR gaming. Oculus Rift S lets you play hundreds of games and exclusives already available in the Oculus store, with so much more to come.
- Improved Optics: Stare down the competition with next-generation lenses and a sharper display. Improved optics deliver bright, vivid colors and reduced “screen-door” effect.
- Ergonomic Design: Keep your head in the game thanks to a halo headband redesigned with speed in mind. Rift S stays securely and comfortably in place with a quick twist of the fit wheel, so it can take-or double take-your fastest reactions.
- Oculus Touch Controllers: Arm yourself with our updated Oculus Touch controllers. Your slashes, throws and grabs appear in VR with intuitive, realistic precision, transporting your hands and gestures right into the game.
- Oculus Insight Tracking: Take a step forward with Oculus Insight. It translates your movements into VR no matter which way you're facing and provides room-scale tracking without external sensors.
Here we have one of the most popular VR headsets out there right now, one that comes in at a moderate-expensive price, and definitely brings the performance to your home.
The Oculus Rift S PC-Powered VR Gaming Headset features a fairly ergonomic design, one that comes with a well-padded comfort headband to keep your comfy while gaming. Sure, it’s a bit big and bulky, but on the other hand, it does have amazing visuals. The bright and vivid colors, the fast refresh rate, and the fairly large field of view all provide for a truly immersive gaming experience.
What is also cool is the Oculus store which features hundreds of virtual reality games ready for download. Now, the Oculus Rift S PC-Powered VR Gaming Headset might be a bit pricey and bulky, but in terms of performance, a true VR experience, and the amount of compatible games, it is truly out of this world. Do keep in mind that it does not work with MAC computers.
- Awesome visuals
- Good refresh rate
- Huge game library
- Comfort headband
- A bit pricey
- PC only
HTC VIVE Pro Virtual Reality Headset
- STEAM VR 2.0 TRACKING - From seated to standing to full 22’11”’ x 22’11” room-scale. Ideal for multi-user environments for sub-millimeter tracking accuracy.
- HIGH RESOLUTION DISPLAY - Dual-OLED displays with industry leading resolution of 2880 x 1600 pixels for unparalleled visual fidelity of graphics, text, and textures
- SPATIAL AUDIO WITH NOISE CANCELLATION - Hi-res, high impedance headphones, 3D spatial sound with active noise cancellation for an immersive experience without distractions from real-world sounds
- MULTI-USER AND EXTENDED USE – Even weight distribution of the headset, easy on and off, and adjustments for head size, glasses and interpupillary distance (IPD) makes multi-user and extended use easier than ever
- VIVE TRACKER ECOSYSTEM – Expand business use cases by adding real-life objects to VIVE Tracker bringing the object into your virtual simulation. Ideal for motion capture, automotive, aerospace or heavy equipment simulation.
Here is what is effectively the most expensive PC virtual reality headset on the market right now. Yes, it comes with a massive price tag, but if you are looking for an all-around amazing VR experience, this is the way to go.
When it comes to color and detail, this thing is out of this world, as it features a resolution of 2880 x 1660 and 615 PPI, so it definitely looks very lifelike. Moreover, the HTC VIVE Pro Virtual Reality Headset features a super fast refresh rate to prevent problems of choppiness and lagging, plus it has a massive 110 degree field of view as well.
Now, this thing is very large, heavy, and bulky, but the designers did their best to make it comfortable, which it is, just a bit heavy. That said, the HTC VIVE Pro Virtual Reality Headset comes with professional quality eye tracking for super life like and fast movement, plus it has some really amazing audio features as well. Simply put, it’s the best option out there.
- Amazing visuals
- Fantastic refresh rate & FOV
- Quite comfy
- Great audio
- Many games to play with it
- Most expensive option out there
Oculus Quest All-in-one VR Gaming Headset
- All-in-one VR: Simply set up the device with your Oculus mobile app and Oculus Quest has everything you need to explore VR, right out of the box
- Insight tracking: Oculus Insight tracking system instantly reflects your movements in VR without the need for any external accessories
- Touch controllers: Oculus Touch controllers precisely recreate your hands, their gestures and interactions, so every game is real enough to reach out and touch
- Beyond room-scale: Oculus Quest works with your environment, so you can play standing or sitting, in spaces big or small
This is another option from the Oculus brand name, and it actually comes in at the same price as the Rift. It looks more or less the same, and in all reality, is very similar.
The Oculus Quest All-in-one VR Gaming Headset does come with dual hand controllers for all of your favorite games. What’s also nice about this thing is that it features built in oculus insight tracking to provide you with fluid and realistic movement.
What is also pretty cool is that this is one of the easiest to set up options on the market right now. It’s highly portable and can be easily set up with any PC in a matter of minutes. Now, it’s not the highest quality in terms of the FOV and the refresh rate, but it does have great graphics. That said, you will probably want to buy some headphones on the side, but other than that, it’s a fine option to keep in mind.
- Comes with hand controllers
- Good graphics
- Super user friendly
- Fairly lightweight and comfy
- Not the best FOV or refresh rate
HTC Vive Virtual Reality System
- FLEXIBLE PLAY AREA - Use VIVE seated, standing or in a space up to 11'5" x 11'5". SteamVR Tracking provides the most ideal experience possible, so play the way that works for you.
- FULLY IMMERSIVE - Realistic movement and actions from precise, 360-degree controller and headset tracking with realistic graphics, directional audio and HD haptic feedback in the virtual world
- POWERED BY STEAM VR - Enjoy over 1500 games for SteamVR, plus everything you love about Steam, including new releases, automatic game updates and millions of your closest friends
- PLAY SAFER - The Chaperone system warns you when you reach the boundaries of your play area and the headset's front-facing camera gives you a glimpse of the real-world when you need it
- VIVE VIDEO - An immersive, cinematic VR video player for standard, 3D, 180 and 360 degree videos. Available free on VIVEPORT and Steam.
Yes, here is another HTC Vive VR system, although not quite as advanced as the other one we looked at, but it does come in at about half the price, which is a big drop indeed.
The HTC Vive Virtual Reality System is specially designed to be used with SteamVR, which means that you have over 2,800 games at your disposal and ready for download. The game library here is amazing indeed. You can use Steam tracking to play seated or standing up, in a room up to 11.5 x 11.5 feet, which is not too shabby, plus there are special sensors to ensure that you don’t run face first into a wall.
The 90 Hz refresh rate and 110 degree field of view is pretty darn good too, plus the overall graphics are quite astounding as well. The HTC Vive Virtual Reality System does come with controllers and everything else you need to get started. The only downside here is that it has been noted to be a bit uncomfortable to wear.
- Good graphics
- Good FOV & Refresh rate
- Tons of games to play
- Protective features
- May be a bit uncomfortable
Sony PlayStation VR
- Contains: PlayStation VR headset, Processor unit, PlayStation VR headset connection cable, HDMI cable, USB cable, Stereo headphones, AC power cord, AC adaptor, PlayStation VR Demo Disc
- Games Come First - With gamers in mind, PlayStation delivers a new world of unexpected gaming experiences through PlayStation VR
- Just Plug and Play - Getting into PlayStation VR couldn't be easier. Just plug the PlayStation VR headset and your PlayStation Camera into your PlayStation 4 system. Sold separately
- Advanced VR Display - Seamless visuals keep you connected to the virtual world through an expansive 5.7” OLED 1080p display running at up to 120 frames per second
- 3D Audio Technology - 3D Audio with PlayStation VR means that you'll be able to pinpoint sounds above, below, and all around you
Yes, it’s the PSVR and it is one of the more popular options out there right now, and although it does bring quality to the table, it’s actually fairly affordable too.
Ok, so no, the Sony PlayStation VR is not designed for use with PC, but we could not resist including it here, as it is a super high-quality option. PlayStation has plenty of VR games ready to play and when it comes to graphics, movement quality, the field of view, and the refresh rate, this is one of the better choices to go with out there.
Of course, you do need a PS4 to use this thing, which is a definite drawback. However, we do have to say that we absolutely love the Sony PlayStation VR and the great immersive gaming experience it provides.
- Quite affordable
- High quality features
- Not for computer gaming
Alright, here it all depends on how much cash you want to spend. Personally, we would recommend the HTC VIVE Pro Virtual Reality Headset, but of course, it’s super expensive. That said, we do also love the PSVR. However, like we said, it all depends on how much cash you are willing to spend and what kind of quality you are looking for.