- The 6th Generation - The new item not only reduces the volume and weight, but also pays more attention to internal component, and the headset with a new controller that seamlessly responds to organic, human movements in virtual experiences.
- Eyes Protecting & Comfortable - HD resin spherical lens are updated to be more smooth and purified. It can avoid the feel of vertigo and provide you high-resolution imaging and the color visual event. It has soft and breathable leather padding keeps you feeling good even after hours watching. The small volume and lightweight gives you lots of comfort while using or wearing.
- Adjustable Pupil and Focus Distance - You can simply adjust the position of the spherical resin lens through moving the button on the top of the 3D vr glasses so as to get a better experience of watching movies in seconds. So better and faster! Pupil settings for the best 3D experience, even to those near-sighted.
- Ergonomic Design - This adjustable T-shaped strap is made of lightweight material, which can decrease the pressure around your eyes, face and on your head, providing you more comfortable feeling. This Flexible and adjustable headband is suitable for different people. What’s more, the nose area is deepened, reducing the pressure on your nose. Removable front cover helps heat dissipation and keeps cool while enjoying the virtual world.
- Compatible with Most Smartphones - Comfortably fits Android phones and other smart phones with a screen size within 4.0 - 6.0 inches. Like iPhone 5/SE/6/6s/7/7 plus, Samsung S5, S6, S6 edge, S7 edge etc.
VR headsets are getting more and more affordable with each passing year. Not only that, but they’re also becoming more sophisticated and better equipped. Durability and ergonomics are improving constantly such that even budget headsets are capable of highly enjoyable experience.
Optical-grade lenses and Bluetooth headphones with 3D surround sound have already become staple features, thus making great movie experiences a standard. Furthermore, the number and quality of available apps and games are progressing in leaps and bounds.
VR Shinecon Virtual Reality Glasses
The VR Shinecon Virtual Reality Glasses headset is for users looking for a quality experience at a low price. The set is compatible with iOS and Android phones of 4” to 6” screen diagonal.
A removable cover in the front is there to make sure your phone stays below the critical temperature for prolonged periods of time. The set also features a set of Bluetooth headphones and a Bluetooth remote controller.
Who is this for?
This low-cost headset is primarily aimed at beginners and inexperienced users looking to get their first VR set. It includes all the bare necessities for VR/360-degree fun, making it easy to get into VR movies and games.
Also, you can turn this set into a great interactive learning tool for your kids if you install one of the many compatible learning apps. Both Apple and Google Play stores have a wide selection of learning apps for children and teenagers.
Finally, experienced users who want a good VR set without paying an arm and a leg can greatly benefit from this mighty little set. It offers adjustable lenses, above average 3D sound, and the ability to pick up and reject phone calls at the push of a button.
The VR Shinecon Virtual Reality Glasses box comes packed with the main unit and a remote controller. The headset consists of the console with the ventilated phone slot in the front, an adjustable T-shaped headband, and a pair of adjustable headphones.
At the other end, the remote controller looks much like the old 8-bit/16-bit console joypads, complete with the bagel-like shape and the familiar button placement. It is made of durable plastic and communicates with the main unit via Bluetooth.
Overview of features
The main unit of this budget-friendly headset is mainly made of plastic. It features the “VR Shinecon” inscription in green and gray on the front cover. The front cover, as well as the rest of the set, is finished in elegant satin black with metallic details. The remote controller follows the same color pattern and sports the “VR Shinecon” logo in the middle.
The front section of the headset is 5.7” wide and equipped with a pair of optical-grade lenses. It is covered in soft padding and has a raised nose area for improved comfort. The lenses are aspheric in shape and you can use the roller buttons on top of the casing to adjust pupil and focus distance.
The pupil distance can range between 60 and 70mm, while the focal distance can be set anywhere between 37.5 and 46.5mm. The viewing angle is a generous 120 degrees for a more enjoyable and natural experience. The lenses are capable of high definition picture and excellent clarity.
In the back, the headphones offer stereo sound and have comfortable padded muffs. The volume can be adjusted via the remote controller while connected via Bluetooth. The headphones can also be adjusted for length and angle to accommodate the position of your ears. When playing movies or video games with surround sound, the headphones can also work in 720-degree mode.
In the adjustability and ergonomics section, this set is among the best in its price class. The headband sports the standard T-shape and goes around and over the head. It is made of soft nylon and both sections can be adjusted for length.
The included controller has a standard D-pad on the left side and a set of four (A, B, X, Y) buttons on the right side. The middle section features a set of four additional buttons.
In the default mode, the D-pad is there to rotate the scene and move you closer and away from the objects. The A and X buttons adjust the volume. The B button toggles between mute and shutter options, while the Y button toggles mute on and off. In the middle, the top-left button is “Esc”, top-right Mouse Mode, bottom-left is Play/Pause, and bottom-right is “Star”. In the Gaming mode, the A button is Standard Android/iOS, B button is iCade (iOS), X is iCade (Auto), and Y is MIK/PC Mode.
Here’s a quick guide on how to enjoy a simple VR application on your VR Shinecon Virtual Reality Glasses:
- Download and install a VR app from the Apple Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
- Start the app.
- Open the front cover of your VR set.
- Place your phone on the holder. Make sure it is perfectly aligned with the center line.
- Close the front cover.
- Next, put the set on your head.
- Adjust the straps going around and over your head.
- After that, adjust the focus and pupil distance until you get a clear picture.
- Adjust the volume to your preferred level.
- Enjoy your VR app.
You can use the included remote controller to control games and interactive apps.
The VR Shinecon Virtual Reality Glasses are a great starter set that doesn’t cost a lot. However, it doesn’t cover all the bases. If you’d like to get a VR set for educational purposes, you might be interested in the Merge VR Goggles. This is a fine affordable VR set. It is focused on learning apps designed for middle and high school kids. It can also be paired with the Merge Cube for AR experiences. Aside from the default black, it is available in a bunch of playful colors.
On the other hand, if you are more DIY-oriented and like to build your own toys, the Epple Google Cardboard DIY 3D VR Glasses kit might be the thing you’re looking for. The kit comes with a main cardboard unit and an adjustable headband. It doesn’t take long to assemble, as the included printed instructions are simple and clear. It’s compatible with 4”-5.5” phones.
Whether you are a novice user or a VR veteran, the VR Shinecon Virtual Reality Glasses set is a fantastic option. You can enjoy a 3D film with surround sound or take a ride on the rollercoaster of your nightmares without breaking the bank.