- Personal Viewing: The littlest, big screen. Crystal clear optics and state-of-the-art 3D graphics make your headset feel more like a personal theater
- Viewing with Friends: Watch with friends. Meet up in VR with friends and fans from around the world to catch live sports, concerts, or just your favorite TV show
- Portable & Easy to use: Ready when you are. Experience portable, all-in-one VR. That means no PC, phone, wires or hassles
- Controller: Effortless control. Whether it's navigating to your favorite shows or to a far-off land, the intuitive controller makes getting there a cinch
- Built-In Audio: Surrounded by sound. Spatial audio drivers are built right into the headset, providing dramatic, immersive sound without the need for bulky or tangled headphones. Oculus Go also features a 3.5 mm audio jack
The Oculus Go is a VR headset that allows you to cut the cord and have immersive VR experiences anytime, anywhere. Integrated surround sound, 64GB of memory, and a massive content library make the Oculus Go a fantastic portable alternative to PC-connected VR headsets.
Oculus Go Standalone Virtual Reality Headset
The Oculus Go is the latest addition to the Oculus line of VR headsets. Unlike gaming headsets, the Go has an emphasis on mobile, social, immersive entertainment, allowing you to experience concerts and sporting events from the best seats in the house, watch movies with 180 degree viewing angle, and share VR experiences with friends. The built-in 3D sound, excellent battery life, and untethered Oculus GO goes far beyond gaming into whole new realms of VR content.
Who is This Product For?
While the Oculus Go does have extensive gaming content, it’s not a gaming headset. It’s designed for people who want premium, immersive entertainment experiences, alone or with friends, from anywhere in the world. The massive content library includes VR experiences from Netflix, YouTube, Facebook, NextVR, Fox Sports, Showtime, and more.
Through partnerships with the NBA, MLB, and other sporting and entertainment venues, the Oculus Go offers premium live sports, concerts, comedy shows, and other live experiences in real time. With the Oculus Go, you can create your own virtual apartment and invite up to 3 friends to join you for games, movies, and shows. It’s a VR headset designed not just for those who want to escape reality into a virtual world, but for those who want to enhance reality and share it with others.
One thoughtful detail in the Oculus Go is that the headset can be comfortably worn over eyeglasses. Eyeglass wearers have often struggled with VR headsets, so it’s great to see the evolution of a headset design that accommodates them.
The Oculus Go comes with the headset, a controller, an adapter, and a spacer so you can wear the headset while wearing eyeglasses.
Overview of Features
The Oculus Go has all the features that you need for incredible VR experiences right out of the box.
This version of the Oculus Go has 64GB of memory, enough for 7 HD movies, 20 games, or 40 apps. All this onboard memory makes it simple to take your VR with you no matter where you go.
The Oculus Go has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 mobile processor that requires less power, giving you longer battery life on the go.
The headset is adjustable, so it fits well and feels secure, with a soft, breathable lining against your skin. It has a spacer so the headset can be worn with eyeglasses. It rests on your cheekbones, and may feel heavy with prolonged use.
The controller is small and comfortable in the hand, with a touch surface, trigger button, and “back” and “home” buttons. Most controller interactions are limited to swiping and selecting, without sophisticated virtual hand interactions.
The Oculus Go only reacts to rotational head movement and controller interactions; you cannot move through a virtual world.
The LCD display is a 5.5 inch, 538 ppi panel. It has an enormous 2560 x 1440 resolution, with minimal screen door effect, and a FOV of 101 degrees.
The Oculus Go comes with built-in high-quality headphones that give immersive, 3D sound. They do allow some audio leak, which may help with real-world awareness, but also may detract from some immersive experiences. The Oculus Go also has a 3.5mm headphone jack if you want to use it with your own headphones.
The Oculus Go has more than 1000 available apps, games, and VR experiences, available through the Oculus Store. Oculus Go is compatible with the Oculus Room app, that allows you to create your own virtual social space to share with friends. In the shared virtual space, you and your friends can play games, watch movies, listen to music, or experience other apps together.
The Oculus Go supports cross-platform play with the Oculus Rift and the Gear VR, so you can have social gaming experiences.
How to Make the Most of It
Because the Oculus Go is designed for entertainment, it’s best used as a social and entertainment device, rather than for gaming. Content partnerships enable incredible VR experiences with the Go, and it would be a shame to miss out on them.
To take full advantage of the Oculus Go, set up your virtual room, invite friends over, and share experiences that would be difficult or impossible in real life. Make the most of your Oculus Go with courtside tickets to the NBA finals, front-row seats at your favorite concert or comedy show, and experience the best sports and entertainment in the world.
- Wireless and mobile, with great battery life
- Massive content library
- Excellent visual quality, with sharp detail, vibrant color, and little motion blur or screen door effect
- Immersive, spatial sound
- Eyeglasses-friendly headset
- No room-tracking capability, which limits your range of movement in VR
- Some light leak around the bridge of your nose
- May feel heavy against your face over long wear
- STANDALONE VR HEADSET: Stow away the phones, expensive PCs and cumbersome cables and just experience awesome VR--without the extra hassle. With Worldsense technology, you can move naturally and truly explore your virtual world, free from external sensors
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN: Lenovo Mirage Solo's engineered to be so comfortable, you'll forget you were wearing it. Artfully weight-balanced and coated with breathable, thick padding, it's adjustable to your precise measurements. Mirage Solo sports a stand-out look that begs to be worn, while gesturing to the future. VR has never been so appealing
- POWERFUL VR HARDWARE: Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile VR Platform, the Lenovo Mirage Solo delivers untethered high-quality, immersive VR experiences with the ability to feature 6 degrees of freedom movement, 3D audio and 4K visuals with natural interactions
- HIGH QUALITY, CURATED VR EXPERIENCES: Lenovo Mirage Solo puts Daydream VR's hundreds of incredible experiences at your fingertips-including YouTube, Netflix and much more. Access a whole new library of WorldSense-powered experiences, such as Blade Runner: Revelations, which lets you move about and interact with your environment as you search for clues to unravel a Replicant conspiracy
- RECEIVE A FREE COPY OF BLADE RUNNER: REVELATIONS: When you purchase the Lenovo Mirage Solo standalone VR headset.* Valid for 1 copy of the Blade Runner game from Google Play. Open to participants who have purchased and activated a Lenovo Mirage Solo with Daydream VR headset on or before December 31, 2018. Offer ends December 31, 2018 or until supplies last. Limit 1 per customer. Valid in the United States only. Offer not valid on previous purchases. Age restrictions apply. See Google Content Promotion Terms and Google Play Terms for more information. Promoter: Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
The primary competitor to the Oculus Go is the Lenovo Mirage Solo. Both are wireless, mobile, and portable. The Mirage Solo is better for VR gaming, with a more robust processor and advanced motion tracking, for a full six degrees of movement. The Oculus Go is better for entertainment, with built-in surround sound audio, a microphone, and a much larger content library.
The Oculus Go is an all-in-one VR headset optimized for the best shared, immersive, entertainment experiences. While gamers will need a greater range of movement and more sophisticated controller than the Go offers, the massive Oculus content library has a wide range of compelling VR experiences and options that make the Go a great choice for non-gamers to experience immersive virtual reality.
The popularity of the Oculus platform also means that the content library will grow over time, making it a great way to always find and explore something new.